What Can I Expect from an In-Office or Online Nutrition Counseling Session?Our goal is to support you in achieving your goals!
You can expect expert clinical knowledge and support through your challenges from our outstanding staff of Registered and Licensed Dietitians. They will work with you to create a plan and strategies just right for YOU, while providing support to assist you to overcome obstacles and implement changes that work for your lifestyle. Learn new tools to create new, healthier eating and lifestyle habits that will last a lifetime!
The Flow of the Session:
- Your Nutritionist will ask you to share your goals.
- She will ask for relevant labs and your food diary, if available.
- She will ask for a typical day’s intake and activity, for example food, beverages, activity type, frequency and duration.
- She will ask about your challenges, likes, dislikes.
- She will explain points that are within your control to change regarding your particular situation. For example, if you are hoping to reduce your blood sugar levels, she will give you a good, solid general idea of the foods/beverages that increase blood sugars, including hidden sources, understanding sugars, carbohydrates and other foods, which add to, or diminish blood sugars in combination with carbs. She will advise about additional potential factors, such as stress, which increase blood sugars.
- Next, she will circle back to your typical intake and together you will identify changes, which will effectively assist you to reach your goals.
- She is a wealth of ideas, tips and strategies for food alternates as well as effectively conquering other challenges associated with change, such as stress or emotional eating, eating healthfully while at work, travel, working with others’ needs while taking care of yours, and more!
- You will complete your session, which is always a session where you work together, by determining short and long-term goals, and a plan to implement your changes.
- We strongly recommend follow up for support as well as additional educational information sharing. Even if you may not have achieved your goals as well as you had hoped, we still want to see you again to discuss the challenges and generate new ideas for taking that next step forward!
- Success CAN be achieved one step at a time! You will build new skills!
We recommend you bring to your visit to insure that it is a highly effective one!
- Your goals.
- A list of questions you may have.
- Relevant lab work (optional but encouraged if relevant to the session).
- A food diary with the amounts and types of foods and beverages consumed the week prior to your visit (optional but strongly encouraged).
- Think about and write down your challenges. We assist with strategies to overcome them.
- A notebook or recorder to take notes.
- Online sessions will be recorded and available to you.