ExerciseThe Balancing Act: Eat Well and Move It!
The FABULOUS Benefits!
- Exercise improves the quality of your life.
- Exercise relieves depression.
- Exercise prevents certain types of cancer (colon, reproductive system, and breast).
- Exercise enhances self-image.
- Your brain and thinking skills are sharpened because you are providing more oxygen to your brain. More oxygen gives you more energy also.
- Exercise relieves stress and anxiety by increasing endorphins, those feel-good brain chemicals that increase a sense of well-being and increase your body’s resistance to pain. Epinephrine, another feel-good chemical is increased which creates a greater sense of happiness and joy.
- Muscle tension is lessened thereby reducing physical stress.
- Exercise reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Exercise slows the aging process in many ways. One way is that it strengthens your heart and lungs, so your ability to engage in even everyday activities is with greater ease.
- Exercise increases good (HDL) cholesterol.
- Exercise improves the quality of sleep giving you deeper sleep
- Exercise improves mental sharpness.
- Insulin/blood sugar increases in non-diabetic and diabetic people if you do not exercise. Walk or engage in some activity, even if brief, to counteract this phenomenon.
diamondnutritioncounseling.com The Nutrition Counseling Specialists